Sorry, this entry is only available in European Spanish.
58,886% growth in Oracle stock value since going public on March 12, 1986 with a revenue of $55 million. True testament to the vision, leadership and execution of Lawrence J . Ellison.
The key to a State-of–the-Art Strategic Planning Process includes Strategy Science (Quantitative) for formulating and testing elements and developing Strategy Execution (Qualitative) elements at the same time.
Here are some common BSC horror stories that will scare the life out of you.
The Military has given us plenty of euphemisms that have been applied to the business world. Sun Tzu “Art of War” and General Eisenhower “in battle, plans are useless, but the planning (process) is indispensable.” Most recently, the ex 4 star general McCrystal and specialist in fighting asymmetric or disruptive wars, added to the library. The four tenets of his leadership model are:
- Common Purpose: All organizations need a common mission that unifies the disparate teams and touches an organization’s heart, mind and soul. “The Purpose” has undergone a bit of a revival recently. BHAGs
- Shared Consciousness: The best decisions are made in the field and not on a whiteboar
- d in headquarters. This requires an open, real-time flow of information to provide all team members with the appropriate context for framing their local decisions. We will expand on this latter using Amazon’s two pizza teams and fitness functions.
- Empowered Execution: Empower teams to move quickly on their own when they determine the fastest path to execution – and once proven successful, quickly communicate that practice so that other teams adopt it. Ah yes real time cause-effect feedback loops.
- Trust: In the military, your very life depends on trusting your fellow soldier. The same is true in business, as more and more organizations operate in networked situations where their ultimate success comes from the collective work of the whole.